Provence presents the ultimate field of dreams with row upon row of bursting purple haze. With its abundant menu of immersive experiences from Lyon to Arles, an Avalon Active & Discovery cruise along the Rhone presents the ultimate holiday of dreams.
Bird watching from the seat of a bicycle. Gorge gorging from the perspective of a kayak. Wine tasting from the cool depths of a cave. These are just a few of the ways our wide array of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions lets you choose how to interact with the scenery, the artistic, and the culinary scenes of France. Whether you admire ancient masterpieces or join a painting workshop – devour haute cuisine or gobble up a French cooking class – the world is your oyster on an Active & Discovery cruise along the Rhone.
Enjoy a little get-up-and-go on your cruising holiday when you:
- Join an urban hike through Lyon’s secret passageways for a glimpse into the city’s 19th-century silk trade.
- Take in the panoramic views from the seat of a rail bike along the descent of the Gorges du Doux.
- Cool off with a special underground wine tasting accompanied by a cave guide and winemaking expert.
And be moved.
Get off the beaten path and relish the world when you:
- Join a cooking class in the gastronomic capital of Lyon and make your own Lyonnaise specialty.
- Discover how essential oils are created at an authentic Provencal farmhouse.
- Mimic the brushstrokes of Van Gogh in a painting workshop in Arles where the artist created some of his most famous works.
Plus, Classic sightseeing is always available in every port along the way.
Start sooner with a two-night hotel stay in Paris! Avalon Choice sightseeing is the perfect highlight of your stay.
Activate your senses and discover a world of wonder in all-new, entirely “you” ways on your personal, passion-packed cruise along the Rhone.